How to install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC HD2? Yes, I am sure that you will ask this question if you have HTC HD2 with older Android version like 2.3 Gingerbread. Basically, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich installation on HTC HD2 is the same as previous version which use ClockworkMod Recovery CWM method. For experience ROM flasher, you can skip this tutorial. Download Android 4.0 ICS ROM and install it now. As for new comer, please stay with me by following below step by step guide to install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC HD2.
- Radio that support 576 MB RAM
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader v1.13
- ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3
Do take your time to study these guides. Then install them one by one. You need all these components in order to use Android 4.0 ICS NAND Android.
- How to Install HSPL4 on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install Custom Radio v2.15 ROM on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install MAGLDR v1.13 on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 on HTC HD2? (Video)
Note – You need to use 220MB ClockworkMod Recovery partition layout for this NexusHD2 Beta10 ROM. Do refer to ROM chef for the correct CWM layout size if you install other ICS ROM.
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the Android 4.0 ICS ROM zip file that you want to install into SD card (use SD card reader or MassStg in MAGLDR).
- Power on your phone and don’t let go power button.
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader will be loaded.
- Use volume down button to go down to 8. AD Recovery.
- Then press call button.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Select wipe data/factory reset. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same ROM)
- Then select Yes — delete all user data.
- Select wipe cache partition. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same ROM)
- Then select Yes — Wipe Cache.
- Go to install zip from sdcard.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your zip file (NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta1.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your zip file.
- Press power button to go back.
- Then reboot your phone.
- Android 4.0 ICS OS will be loaded then.
- That’s all.
I was using NexusHD2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Beta1 ROM for HTC HD2 in the video tutorial. It is a port from Nexus One’s AOSP ICS ROM. Thanks XDA Developer, tytung for the ROM. Not all functions are working due to it is still in beta stage. No worry, latest version should be better with all working functions. Do check out XDA website for latest Android 4.0 ICS ROM for HTC HD2.
Download NexusHD2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Beta10 NAND ROM for HTC HD2 here (link broken and removed. Sorry).