ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) for HTC HD2 is a must installed tool as most of the NAND Android ROMs are in CWM zip format. You need to use ClockworkMod Recovery to install these zip ROMs from SD card. Besides, ClockworkMod Recovery can make full system backup and restore using Nandroid. ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 will be installed into NAND memory, therefore MAGLDR v1.13 is needed. Please follow step by step video guide to install it.
There are 3 partition layout sizes for ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 ~ 150MB, 250MB and 400MB. Which partition layout size of ClockworkMod Recovery should I use? Depending on what type of ROM that you plan to use, you should choose the partition size based on the following.
- 150MB Partition – For bare ROM including CyanogenMod, AOSP, and MIUI
- 250MB Partition – For Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Standard Sense ROM including Desire and EVO based ROM, can also be used for some squashed HD builds
- 400MB Partition – For Larger ROM including unsquashed Desire HD and Z ROM
Can’t find the partition size you require? Follow this guide to create your own custom one – How to create custom ClockworkMod Recovery partition size for HTC HD2?
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader v1.13
Follow this guide – How to Install MAGLDR v1.13 on HTC HD2? (Video) to install MAGLDR if you don’t have it yet.
– For Windows XP users, follow this guide to fix USB init failed ~ Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (723) issue.
– ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 only work on MAGLDR v1.13 and not older version.
Step by Step Guide
- Power on your phone and don’t let go power button.
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader will be loaded.
- Use volume down button to go down to 5. USB Flasher.
- Then press call button to load USB Flasher mode.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone.
- You should see Wait USB…USB.
- At PC, right click on DAF.exe and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install.
- Phone will be rebooted after installation finished.
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader will be loaded then.
- Disconnect USB cable from phone.
- Use volume down button to go down to 8. AD Recovery.
- Then press call button.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- That’s all.
Remember to check with ROM chef if you not sure which ClockworkMod Recovery partition size to use. Just repeat above steps if you need to change to other partition size.
Note – The bigger CWM partition layout you select, the lesser internal storage you will get.
Download ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3