Are you using CyanogenMod 7 ROM on Amazon Kindle Fire? If so, here are some tablet tips and tweaks for your CM7 Kindle Fire. Most of the stuffs can be found in the settings ~ CyanogenMod settings and ADWLauncher.
1. Enable Home button on CM7 Kindle Fire. Yup, the very first thing to do. Enable Home soft button (CyanogenMod settings – Tablet Tweaks – Choose soft-buttons).
2. Enable lockscreen. I prefer Kindle Fire to be locked when turn on. So I untick Disable lockscreen (CyanogenMod settings – Tablet Tweaks).
3. Enable fullscreen. Certain games and applications run better on full screen display. But some don’t. So decide yourself. Untick Disable fullscreen (CyanogenMod settings – Tablet Tweaks).
4. Enable Back button on Extend power menu. You don’t have back soft button during full screen mode. So back button on Extend power menu is very helpful here. Enable Back button on Extend power menu (CyanogenMod settings – Tablet Tweaks – Choose power menu buttons).
5. Disable ADW Launcher Dock. ADW Launcher Dock is useful on phone without CyanogenMod 7 tablet soft buttons. But it is kind of redundant on Kindle Fire now. So I disable it (ADWLauncher – UI Settings – Main Dock Style).
6. Enable Open/close App Drawer shortcut on Home screen. After disable ADW Launcher Dock, you need a shortcut to bring up all the applications. So I create a shortcut on top right corner just like Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (long hold on Home Screen – Launcher Actions).
7. Enable onscreen volume control. CM7 does not have onscreen volume control. But Volume control App by RubberBigPepper can help ~ Best volume control for CM7 Kindle Fire.