How to Install Android on HTC HD2? There are several type of Android for HTC HD2 like SD card Android, NAND Android in MAGLDR format, CWM format and cLK format. CWM NAND Android ROM is the most common ROM for HTC HD2. And I prefer it because I can use Nandroid to make backup and restore. There are several components needed to be installed before you can use NAND Android. But it is not hard to install them when you can follow my step by step video guides.
- Radio that support 576 MB RAM
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader v1.13
- ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3
- EXT3 partition on SD card
Do take your time to study these guides. Then install them one by one. You need all these components in order to use CWM NAND Android with A2SD+ support.
- How to Install HSPL4 on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install Custom Radio v2.15 ROM on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install MAGLDR v1.13 on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to create EXT3 partition on SD card with ClockworkMod Recovery? (Video)
Step by Step Guide
- First of all, copy the Android ROM zip file that you want to install into SD card (use SD card reader or MassStg in MAGLDR).
- Power on your phone and don’t let go power button.
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader will be loaded.
- Use volume down button to go down to 8. AD Recovery.
- Then press call button.
- ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
- Select wipe data/factory reset. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same ROM)
- Then select Yes — delete all user data.
- Select wipe cache partition. (You can skip this step if upgrade from same ROM)
- Then select Yes — Wipe Cache.
- Go to install zip from sdcard.
- Then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Select your zip file (TyphooN_CM7_v3.5.4-MAGLDR.zip in my video).
- Select Yes – Install your zip file.
- Press power button to go back.
- Then reboot your phone.
- Android OS will be loaded then.
- That’s all.
Note – Android OS first time boot up may take 10 to 20 minutes (but no longer than 30 minutes).
Just follow above steps again to install new Android ROM that you like. Here are some Android ROMs that you try – Top Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread NAND Android ROM for HTC HD2.