Windows Phone 7 Mango is available on HTC HD2. As per requested, here is the step by step video tutorial to install Windows Phone 7 7004 build XBmod-Yuki ROM on HTC HD2. It is almost like the previous guide to install WP7 but with updated components. This is the foundation ROM to upgrade to Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. As usual, you need to install several components first before installing WP7 7004 ROM.
- Radio that support 576 MB RAM
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader v1.13
Note – Do backup your SD card data. Windows Phone 7 will delete everything and lock your SD card. You can’t access it anymore at PC (not detected at all). No worry, you still can unlock and use it afterward with this guide ~ How to unlock & revive SD card after install Windows Phone 7? However, some reported that they failed to recover their locked SD card. Do take note…
Do take your time to study these guides. Then install them one by one.
- How to Install HSPL4 on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install Custom Radio v2.15 ROM on HTC HD2? (Video)
- How to Install MAGLDR v1.13 on HTC HD2? (Video)
Step by Step Guide
- Power on your phone and don’t let go power button.
- DFT MAGLDR Bootloader will be loaded.
- Go to 10. Services.
- Go to 4. UseLast24NAND.
- Press Call button for YES.
- Go to 5. USB Flasher.
- Connect USB cable from PC to phone.
- You should see Wait USB…USB.
- At PC, enter HD2_Updatable_XBmod_Yuki_v2_native folder.
- Right click on DWI.exe and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Click ‘Yes’ if User Access Control prompt up.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install.
- Phone will be rebooted after installation finished.
- Disconnect USB cable from phone.
- Follow onscreen instructions to setup Windows Phone 7 settings (time zone, date & time).
- That’s all.
Download Windows Phone 7 build 7004 XBmod-Yuki ROM v2 for HTC HD2 here.
Congratulation. You have successfully installed WP7 build 7004 on HTC HD2. Follow this guide to continue to upgrade it to Windows Phone 7.5 Mango ~ How to install Windows Phone 7.5 Mango 7720 on HTC HD2? (Video)