Yeah… The US folks can hand-on the famous Windows Mobile phone from HTC ~ T-Mobile HD2 at a very attractive price now. We in Asia and Europe paid more but had been playing with HTC HD2 for almost 6 months earlier. Such a great phone after you tweak and hack it. Below are the tweaks and hacks that I applied on my HTC HD2 (Asia version), but they should be able to apply on T-Mobile HD2 which have larger RAM and ROM too.
1. BsB Tweaks v1.6 is the top application you want to install on HTC HD2. It can tweak lot of stuffs like adding rotation support and add zoom support to any applications, enable/disable data connections, enable high glyph cache, graphics render for faster graphics, enable Wifi N to improve network throughput, decrease screen response sensitivity… By the way, BsB Tweaks v1.6 requires Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 to run it.
2. Co0kie’s Home Tab ~ enhancements to HTC Sense. It gives you 4 views on home tab, extended quick links (3×3, 4×4, 4×5 and 5×5) up to 3 pages (27, 48, 60 or 75 shortcuts), extended appointments, call history button, configurable links for Alarm, Calendar, Call History, Date, Weather and Clock… And its editor ~ CHTEditor is a must install along with it. Co0kie’s Home Tab will change the feel of Manila 2.5.
3. Touch X Taskmanager will make your life easier. You need to do several clicks in order to bring up the task manager in HTC HD2 (ROM v1.43). With Touch X Taskmanager, only 1 single click. It is useful to kill those unresponsive programs.
4. SRS WOW HD v188.8.131.52 for HTC HD2. SRS WOW is like a must have in audio world. With it, you can have immersive 3D audio, improved bass, elevated sound and high frequency clarity.
5. BattClock displays time, battery, date, free memory on taskbar. HTC HD2 does not have large capacity battery. So it is useful to see the battery life in percent at the taskbar. No worry on forget to charge it.
6. Windows Mobile Start Menu – 4 / 5 / 6 Items Wide. Don’t waste your HTC HD2 large 4.3″ screen by displaying 3 rows honeycomb items only. 4 rows are perfect for me. You can set up to 6 rows if you want.
7. Data connection on / off shortcuts like 3G / HSDPA data , Bluetooth, WiFi and soft reset. Just add them in home tab as shortcuts. 1 single click to turn on or turn off them.
8. Add Flash to Opera Mobile 9.5, 9.7. Opera Mobile 10 does not support pinch and zoom. So Opera Mobile 9.7 is still my cup of tea. Adding Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 into it will make it a wonderful browser in HTC HD2.
9. Swype v3.9 for HTC HD2. Yes. It is for HTC HD2 because T-Mobile HD2 already have it built-in. Swype v3.9 will make you type like superman.
10. Hide folders with pictures from HTC Album. By default, HTC Album shows all folders with pictures in the album list. Use PHM Registry Editor to edit the registry to hide those unwanted folders.
Any other must apply tweaks and hacks that I miss out? Let me know…
Check out Top 20 HTC HD2 Applications too.
Great collection of HTC tweaks and hacks. Bookmarked it first and refer back when I buy the HTC phone. 🙂
Excellent……thanks for writing this up!
You are welcome. 😉
I’m speechless love the apps hacks, cant wait to see whats next I have a htc hd2 us , an everything works great, other then the auto rotation on the home screen but that’s fine
do you know when Pandora will be available?
Awsome tweaks 😀 But does anyone have an idea, why the Touch X Taskmanager dosent work on my HD2?????? I just loaded the new rom last night.. PLEASE PLEASE HELP
And yes i have enabled the “Enable Quick Menu on Today screen”.
how do u install both the bsb tweaks and the netcfs onto the phone
Unzip and copy the cab to your phone. Install from phone.
Thank you very much people…..every think work EXCELLENT !!!!
Can I download with my phone or do i have to download on my PC and sync my phone?
Yes, you can download directly with phone and unzip using Pocket RAR. Then install.
I’m new to this-so I can download the zip file to my phone and then how do I unzip using Pocket RAR?
After you install Pocket RAR, just click on the zip files. And click on the cab file to install.
Excellent download list for the HD2. Thanks bro!
Hello i just want to know after i put the programs from my computer to the phone i just restart and then the they will be installed?
Nope. You need to execute the installer on your phone. Restart phone if needed then.
after installing byb tweaks when making a call or receiving one i cannot use the touchscreen or access the keypad. it allows me to once i hold send button, switches over to speakerphone and then allows me to use any function on the screen. any comments or feedback regarding this minor issue?
Nope. I don’t have this kind of issue after install BsB tweaks.
Never more then 750kbs
i am new to wm phone,i have a hd2 us,how to set it to have hspda reception,is there any step by step guide.
Here you are ~ https://www.jayceooi.com/2010/09/04/how-to-enable-3g-wcdma-umts-hsdpa-connection-on-windows-mobile-htc-hd2/
I’m running Android with speeds of well over 3mbps. Is there any way of getting those speeds on wm
The speed should be the same, right? How much did you get on WM?
Hello. Just want to know if these aps work with the US version of the HTC HD2 (t-mobile). I love my new hd2, but u r correct. It can be improved with a little tweaking!
Yes, they should work.
Is there anyway to get Pandora on my HTC HD2??? Slacker doesnt work very well.
I want to install fring on my HTC HD2, i saw many sites and they said tht i should disable HTC sense…can you please tell me where is tht HTC sense in HD2..i wasnt able to find it though…Pls help
Why need to disable HTC Sense in order to use Fring? I don’t have any problem to use it with HTC Sense.
im a noob with my phone,just got it,i wanted to ask about the bsb tweeks aplication . it says that it reduces screen sencitivity
1. can this not be done like turned of or smth,or is it permanent after you instal aplication?
2. and what about other options,if i get it right not everytging is customisable?
3. what if i want to undo everything will a simple uninstall do or will i need a hard reset (whatever it may mean)?
1. You can change the setting.
2. Only settings listed there are customizable.
3. No, uninstall BsB Tweaks won’t restore your setting. Therefore, hard reset is required to get back default setting.
No worry, I installed it. And it stays until now. This is the best tweak tool for HD2 out there.
jayce is there a app for wifi tethering on the original windows 6.5 on the htc hd2?
Yes, come along with stock Windows Mobile.
Thanks so much for the tweaks posted however i have been searching for a tweak for my phone and it seems nobody required it before. I keep my MSN signed in all night long between me and my GF and eacht ime teh battery goes under 25%, windows live services sign out/stop syncing automatically to save battery life. This will sign out MSN as well. and when when i wake up i try to sign back in and it states that I have a problem with signing back in. Only a restart can solve the problem. Is there any tweak for the registry where I can stop this feture from turning off the Live services even if the battery is low or critical? I am using ROM 1.66.405.2 and Radio 2.14.50.04 with HSPL 2.08.
Please advise fi possible.
Sorry, no idea as I don’t have MSN on mobile. Or do you use any power saving program? That might be causing the issue. Else just plug in USB cable to power it up. 😉
hehehehe….no there is no power saving program…the power saving feature is embedded within Windows Live as Activesync doesn’t stop syncing, but Windows Live pops-up a message that it stopped syncing due to low battery and stops MSN with it 🙂 I was trying to see if there is any known reg key that could disable this windows Live feature from activating on low battery. Anyway thanks a lot 🙂
No idea about that. I am using Android now. 😛
hi, is this tweaks only works for windows phone?
windows 6.5 or 7?
Windows Mobile 6.5 only.
hey can you please tell me how to disable wifi sleep in my htc hd2!
Windows Mobile or Android?
well, I have windows 6.5/stock rom installed on my hd2! I tried to disable the wifi sleep using bsb tweeks but whenever i restart my phone by clicking the apply settings button it automatically turn back the disable wifi sleep mode OFF!! Can solve this issue using the resco registry editor?
Sorry, I forgot how to disable Wi-Fi sleep on Windows Mobile. Really long time did not use it.