HTC HD2 is with me for since December 2009. I mentioned about Top 10 HTC HD2 Tweaks and Hacks previously. And now it’s time to list down my top 20 Windows Mobile applications for HTC HD2. Is Windows Mobile 6.5 still a good operation system when Window Phone 7 is just around the corner? Let’s find out with these applications. No matter you are using US T-Mobile, Europe or Asia HTC HD2 version…
Top 10 HTC HD2 Applications
1. Android 2.2 Froyo for HTC HD2 is the top most must install operating system on HTC HD2. With it, you can explore a new world in Google Android. Lot of interesting Android applications can be run with your HTC HD2 now.
2. Cookie Energy Custom ROM will unlock the true potential of Windows Mobile. It is using the latest Windows Mobile 6.5.X build and come with lot of useful pre-installed applications.
3. Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 is the essential application for Windows Mobile. Lot of applications requires it in order to run properly. A must installed application for all Windows Mobile phones.
4. Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 will unleash the true power of Microsoft office. You have SharePoint Workspace Mobile 2010 in this edition.
5. RAR for Pocket PC is another useful application that will ease your life. You can unzip WinZip and WinRAR files at your phone with it.
6. PHM Registry Editor will let you modify Windows Mobile registry setting. Unlock advanced features of certain application. Make your HTC HD2 becomes a better phone out there.
7. PIM Backup v2.8 is a backup application that allows to backup / restore personal information stored on Windows Mobile devices. It will backup contacts, appointments, tasks, messages, calls.
8. G-Alarm is a finger-friendly and reliable alarm clock for Windows Mobile. A nice replacement for Windows Mobile 6.5 built in alarm clock.
9. SenseTasks is a finger friendly Windows Mobile 6.5 Outlook Tasks replacement. A must install because built in Outlook Tasks is not finger friendly even with HTC HD2 large 4.3″ screen.
10. Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile Phone is a must have offline GPS application for me. A perfect combination with free maps from MalFreeMaps.
11. Opera Mobile 10 is my default browser because it has Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 built-in. And the speed and ease of multitask with tabs buy me off to use it instead of 9.7 which support pinch and zoom.
12. uZard Web P is a server-based Web browser for Windows Mobile. A better full desktop view browser than limited access Skyfire.
13. TCPMP for HTC HD2 with FLV and subtitles support is a powerful free media player on Windows Mobile devices. TCPMP supports many audio, video, and image formats.
14. Skype for Windows Mobile gives you free Internet calls on HTC HD2. Free for Skype to Skype calls or Skype to landlines, mobile phones with a fee using SkypeOut.
15. Google Maps for Mobile is an online maps application. There are lot of features in Google Maps for Mobile like My Location, Buzz, Business listings, Driving directions, Navigation, Transit directions, Latitude, Street View, Layers and Traffic.
16. MorphGear ~ Video Games Emulator for HTC HD2. It simulates video games hardware system through software. With its MorphModules, you can play SNES, SEGA games…
17. TorchButton will turn your HTC HD2 into a handy pocket flashlight. This is a must install application during total dark environment. It can be used for emergency by sending SOS signal too.
18. ACR ~ Auto Call Recorder for Windows Mobile will record every phone conversation that you have. Do install 2-way In Call Recording Fix for HTC HD2 in order to make ACR working properly.
19. Whip2Snap lets you take screenshots by “Whipping” your Windows Mobile Phone. I use it to capture phone screen and post it at blog.
20. Traditional / simplified Chinese on HTC HD2 WWE ROM will let you read Chinese on WWE ROM and even let you write Chinese.
Please like it or share it at Facebook, tweet it if you like this post. Share it with other HTC HD2 users out there. Thanks.
It would be nice you can share some top Android application.
Sure. Will post it when I collect enough good Android applications. 😉
I hav problam in my htc hd2 marketplace not working
Please give me solution if aney.
Hi Mukesh, do you mean Windows Phone or Android?
Here is my addition to your great list:
21. PocketOutlook Eraser 1.1 – lets you erase in mass, such as phone contacts which you can not do on a HD2.
22. Call Emergency (Marketplace) – all emergency numbers in all countries. Great for travelers like me.
23. Roam Freely (Marketplace) – stops roaming charges in foreign countries.
24. IMDb Mobile – for all movie buffs, this app is close to the original PC version.
25. Lyrics Finder – what are the words and who sang it can be found here.
26. Pandora – great free music site that you set up, especially good at the gym.
27. AP Mobile – quick rundown of the world’s news events.
28. SoftReset – allows a soft reset with just one push.
29. Deluxe Moon – all phases of the moon are revealed. Great for teachers.
30. uConvert – the absolute best converter of everything from currency to temperatures for the HD2.
hi, I saw you had the chinese language for the htc hd, do you know of an app for adding japanese? I just got my htc hd 2 last week and im feeling somewhat lost 🙁 I wouldn’t call myself technologically inept, however, learning about this phone seems to be a bit more difficult than my first computer. there seems to be so much potential but im having problems getting from a to b. any tips or tricks would be welcome 😉
Sorry, I don’t have Japanese input application for the moment. I will look around and test it. Check back my blog in the future. 🙂
thank you! 🙂
same here, but iwant to add add indian language hindi (devnagri) support to my phone so that i can read sms and surf the contents which are in hindi.
I am very much impressed with your achievements and i have gained a lot from this site. i need to know just two things.
1- how can u mute the volume of key pad while dialing the number as it doesnt look nice when u r in a meetign or some place like that.
2- i need to know how can i use the GPS or maps while i am not connected to the internet. i have E71 which has GPS that works without using the internet. atleast the positioning is working.
thanks for your kind action and quick reply on these issues.
1. Silent your phone.
2. Use offline GPS application like Garmin Mobile XT.
The ones you mention aren’t really ‘apps’ – they’re mainly tweaks and housekeeping tools!
What about these (mainly from Marketplace):
Premier League 2010 – gorgeous marketplace app for the english football
Pool rebel – favourite game
Magic Guidebook – like the iphone app Qype Radar; read/write reviews of places around you
Evernote for an amazing ideas locker for your mind! Helps me remember everything.
Train Track for the Uk rail system and getting to work on time
Myplayer for downloading / watching iplayer content
Co-pilot for not getting lost driving
More *apps* please 🙂
Very very reliable source of apps. I bought a htc hd2 last month an bumped it up with most of these apps, and now my phone has morphed and evolved into a good companion capable of tackling and assisting you on a everyday basis.
One thing though I know Android 2.2 Froyo is out but is there any upgrade since or any version specifically for the htc hd2 without problems?
You can try this https://www.jayceooi.com/2010/12/06/download-jaws-miui-android-rom-for-htc-hd2/
Hey thanks one more ? for this cool phone. I want to put some movies on mine even downloaded some converters but it does not work. can u give me a tutorial on how? I even got some movies downloaded but in mkv format. thanks
VPlayer for Android is able to play MKV video. https://www.jayceooi.com/2010/10/16/download-vplayer-for-android-support-divx-xvid-mkv-rmvb-flv/
Hi, i had tried to install froyo 2.2 on my hd2 but it fails. i had installed Flash HardSPL3 and Radio ROM Leo_RADIO 2.08 prior to this installation. after running clrcad.exe i executed haret.exe, the installation
process started but the progress is to slow. gives error “failed to find rootfs on sd card”.
Please suggests solution.
Also tell me how to revert back to original win mobile 6.5 since i had installed leo energy rom.
Try to install Android folder again. As for revert back to stock Windows Mobile 6.5, please follow this post – https://www.jayceooi.com/2011/01/01/how-to-upgrade-htc-hd2-rom-through-sd-card-video/
Where can i find Need for Speed Shift. where It supports G-sensor. for HTC HD2 windows mobile 6.5?
Thanks in advance
Sorry, I have no idea.
i have NFS SHIFT setup file. if u r interested i can email u.
Hello zain, i need this, Can you forwardit to me?
jay i have fxxked up and reset my phone i need to get the web the wifi and the gps to work on my htc hd2 pleasew wmail me back at firstname.lastname@example.org
Using Windows Mobile? If yes, try to contact HTC Support for help. 😉
im running dark force team andriod i want to upgrade to a better one but dint know how
There are lot of Android ROMs that you can try. Just search for it.
did you have software wifi radar for hd2 🙂
Sorry, nope for Windows Mobile.
Dear jayci, I am trying to install angry birds game from android market but it
Fails to download. Please give any suggestion?
Are you using SD Android or NAND Android?
Not sure, I downloaded it from xdadev.com the file name is TyphooN
Please try the latest version – https://www.jayceooi.com/2011/07/30/download-typhoon-cm7-android-2-3-5-nand-android-a2sd-zip-rom-for-htc-hd2/ Consult ROM chef if still cannot.
after my mind is core player the best video player for htc hd2 windows 6.5…´coreplayer plays every video on ´my htc
i could not see arabic text on my hd2. it shows boxes only instead of text. how can i fix this and where can i find arabic fonts and how to install.
How to make arabic text display on htc hd2. i recently installed a translator from english to arabic, but instead of the arabic text it displays boxes only?
Is Android available for htc hd7 also?
I don’t think so…
can u give me some web IDs where in i could get interesting htc hd2 mobile applications like WOOBLE , and so on ? please help
Sorry, I don’t have such link. You can search at my blog. All the stuffs that I have is here only.